Friday, April 13, 2007


Sorry for the neglect to this blog lately.

Here is something I think is very interesting. For about 2 weeks after I finished the Z-pak of antibiotics, my mental dysfunction cleared considerably. Does anyone know why or why it would? I have no idea. I don't even know if it was connected, but it was definite and very noticeable.

During those two weeks or so, I also had almost no days of myalgia and the fatigue disappeared.

I don't guess it's possible to remain on anti-biotics all of the time, is it? I'll have to remember to tell my doctor and see if she understands why.

After 2 weeks, it began to decline again. About the same time, everything bloomed and my allergies went nuts and all of my symptoms began to come back or get worse with a vengence. Rashes flared up badly instead of remaining just visible and mildly aggravating went to wild, red whelping and insanity inspiring, stomach and digestive symptoms worsened, increasing exponentially it seems. Today has been very bad. I'm about ready to go with the astronaut diapers or something.

My neighbor from across the street was sweet enough to mow my grass for me one week ago today. I had the fan on the heat pump running at the time, but all the windows and doors closed. There were tons of garlic patches in the grass this year since I wasn't able to do much in the way of gardening or maintenance last year and I could really smell it in the house but I'm so duh all the time I didn't think, hey, maybe I should turn off the house fan. I got a little cough-y and a little extra congested but I was okay until he knocked on the door and I opened it. Within 2 seconds, my head filled with mucus, my throat closed up, and fluid started flooding in to my lungs. Bless his heart, I think I scared him. I had to grab a facemask, jump in my car and get the hell out of there and to my mom's house who lives only a few minutes away. Where I proceeded to scare the hell out of her while I wheezed and hacked and tried to get the mucus to stop flooding down my throat and get enough air in me to avoid turning blue. Benadryl and Nasalcrom (which is just sodium cromolyn) finally got me under control, but, as always, its extremely scary when I have a major, massive allergic reaction like that.

In the last couple of days, all the rashes flared up at the same time, I used the corticosteroid ointment in more places than I should at any one time and that always makes me feel especially punkish for a day or two.

The fatigue has not been especially bad lately, though. I do get tired more and faster than everyone else, but I get tired after actually doing things, not just for breathing. Don't get too excited. I don't mean I get tired after doing things like a normal person does things. I mean, I go to the grocery store and collapse in exhaustion. I sort the laundry and have to lay down for an hour. But, at least I don't wake up too tired to move.

My little dog is better and I'm counting my blessings that his illness was during this little space of time when I felt pretty decent or I never could have dealt with it.

I can't believe that I'll be 50 next Friday, April 20th. It's really hard to fathom. But, I'm glad. It's much better than the alternative, as they say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i realize that this is way far away in time from your blog post, but thought i'd comment anyway. you may have felt better after the antibiotics because bacteria produce or enhance activity of or dance with or whatever...histamine. so your histamine levels may have gone down due to the antibiotics. i'm enjoying reading a sister sufferer's blog :). i haven't read all of your posts, but have you thought about a low-histamine diet? also, your blog is a great positive advert for the affordable care act - i hope it helps you (along with so many others).