Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sunshine and Starbucks

Whoohoo! Woke up this morning at 9a.m! I was still very achy so I stayed in until around 10a.m. but it was so good to wake up in the morning for once.

I'd had to take another painkiller at bedtime and once more during the middle of the night, but managed to get enough sleep in the hours of darkness. Thankfully!

Ran out and got a biscuit and a grande mocha frappichinno as a special treat. It was a beautiful, warm day and I just stood outside and soaked up the sunshine for a little bit. It felt good. The pain had eased off by around 11a.m. and I managed to get a little bit done around the house. Very little, but still a little bit. With a lot of breaks.

By 2:30p.m. I was exhausted, of course, and very, very sleepy despite the massive jolt of caffeine from Starbucks. So, I napped from 2:30p.m. until 4:30p.m. and woke up feeling good.

Yeaaaaa!

I called the dog groomer to set appointments for my shih-tzu and Australian Shepard and got her recording. There was a locked door in my brain though, and I could not think of my phone number for the life of me. Now, this happens to everyone occasionally and has certainly happened to me zillions of times in the past but you always remember it within a few minutes, right? Lordy! Not me. Not with this brain fog. All I could remember were the first three digits. Finally, I started calling all of my relatives to ask them!! I couldn't get them and called the groomer again and this time, thank goodness, she answered.

I still don't know my phone number. I'll have to ask someone. Now, that, ladies and gentlemen, is brain fog.

No comments: