Friday, December 08, 2006

Symptom List

As I've said before, November was a fairly good month, all in all. Mid-October, I was well into a long masto phase that had picked up in May. April had been fairly decent, but every month prior back to the date of the accident, the triggering event, had been hell.

Now, I'm obviously going into another phase. I don't really know what to expect. So, it seems like a good time to post my symptoms as they were as of October 12th, which I had prepared for my doctor in case she needed it for the clinical diagnosis. Apparently, she felt she had enough info. Now, if only the insurance company would agree that her clinical diagnosis, prognosis, and disability determination were enough.

I've got to bite the bullet and call the insurance company and ask just what it is that they think they need. I've got to make myself do that on Monday. I have no idea why they think they can second guess my doctor. They aren't challenging the diagnosis, just the disability from what I read in the letter. How can they think I could hold down a job is beyond me.

I digress and ramble. Here is the symptom list.

CONSTANT

1) Runny nose
2) Stuffy sinuses
3) Inability to concentrate, focus, failing memory
4) Extreme indigestion
5) Extreme excess gas (not to worry, controlled with meds!)
6) Coughing, ranging from mild to unable to talk normally
7) Itching (both rashes and other places)
8) Rashes
Inner wrists (small pale bumps)
Inner elbows (redness, or plaque-like patch)
Back of knees (red-brown patches)
Around clavicle (red bumps)
Sternum (red plaque-like patch)
Around navel (red bumps to plaque-like patch)
Abdomen, above ovaries (red to brown plaque-like patches)
Down sides of back (red bumps to plaque-like patch)
Center of lower back (large red brown patch and red bumps)
Both sides of neck (red bumps to plaque-like patch)
(Note: Vanos ointment, a very powerful corticosteroid ointment, will clear these symptoms, but can only be used on a small area at a time, so by attentive rotation, they can be kept under some control at varying times in varying degrees.)
9) Extremely susceptible to bug bites as never before, with mild to severe sickness for hours to days afterward
10) Daily “sick” headaches lasting for hours to all day
11) Extreme pain from bone spurs in injured foot and ankles
12) Urinary urgency (steadily increasing from normal in last few months) (Note: this may have been a side effect of Gastrocrom? Haven't noticed it continuing at this point.)
13) Substantial fatigue

VERY FREQUENTLY (4 TO 5 DAYS OUT OF 7)
13) Diarrhea
14) Painful stomach aches
15) Extreme fatigue
16) Mild flushing -
Feeling very hot or very cold without relation to temperature/activity
Feeling very hot with even mild activity or mild warmth

FREQUENTLY (3 TO 4 DAYS OUT OF 7)
17) Nausea
18) Painful body aches, bones and joints
19) Bouts of unreasonable irritability, flashes of temper

OCCASIONALLY (1 TO 3 TIMES A MONTH)
20) Sudden onset of vomiting with no warning and little nausea
21) Severe flushing, lasting for a few minutes to an hour or more, usually when mildly stressed (doctor offices, social gatherings, remembering accident, etc.)

No comments: