Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Arrhythmia and weirdness

Had a bout of heart arrhythmia today. I've been having the chest pains for several days, Thursday evening was the first time, this go-round.

The fatigue is still overwhelming. I cannot be awake longer than 4 to 5 hours without having to lay down and sleep for awhile. Yesterday, I took one of my last few precious Wellbutrin and Ritalin, plus drank a 1/4 liter of Pepsi and half of a venti Starbucks and only managed to stay up about 5 1/2 hours before I had to sleep for 4 hours. I have no real sleep cycle. I sleep when I have to because I cannot stay awake a minute longer. Today, I got up about 9:30am, couldn't stay awake, went back to sleep until 12:30pm, napped from 4pm to 6;30pm, up until 8:45pm and slept until 12:30am. That's after a whole venti Starbucks. It's bizarre.

As of yesterday, the myalgia and stomach upset had gotten considerably better. So, that's something.

One note, during the few weeks I'd had while feeling somewhat normal, I had another bizarre experience twice, both lasting only seconds, the first one longer than the second.

I cannot describe it other than by calling it internal chills. I was not cold. I was warm. I felt nothing on my skin or muscles. My body didn't move like it does when I shiver. I only shivered on the inside from about the center of my mid-thighs, through my internal organs, and up through what I imagine was my brain stem. The first episode lasted maybe 4 seconds, long enough for me to feel it, analyze the sensation and ask myself "what the hell is this?". The second time only maybe 1 1/2 second, just enough to feel it and acknowledge it.

Internal chillblaines? Weird.

No comments: