Monday, January 15, 2007

Daily Diary - Yesterday

Very painful day. Too much pain to do anything, including typing.

Update: Can't sleep. Back on the Phenavent to breathe as I woke up nearly suffocating after trying to get through the night on the Coricidan. I think the damn cold is in its final throes though.

This site had 17 visitors yesterday. Amazing. I guess I'd better be more careful about what I write. I have a smart mouth.

I've found a lot more links, actually from following links to searches that brought folks to this site. So, thanks. I'll get them posted when I feel up to it.

As I've said before, I need a keeper. This morning, I totally phased out on taking my morning dose of ranitidine and Prilosec. It was the first time if forever that I hadn't taken either. I haven't had any terrible bouts of the diarrhea in a while now, so I guess I got a little lackadaisical. Well, actually, between the cement in my sinus cavities and the cement in my actual brain, I just didn't think of it. I was too busy trying to get myself able to breathe.

I ate some oatmeal and a little bacon for breakfast and a few hours later, it was time for a nap. I was exhausted from doing nothing again, as is usual every few hours. I slept awhile and then awoke with what hasn't happened to me in quite some time. A bout of the sudden throw-ups.

Let me explain what this is. This isn't nausea. Nausea usually comes on in waves during bad bouts, usually when I'm also having diarrhea. This isn't acid reflux. I'll have no indigestion or any other feeling like it, no heartburn, nuttin'. This is where my body suddenly decides it wants to reject anything in my stomach, violently and without warning. It either makes it all the way out, or if I can, I am able to keep it from getting up in my esophagus at all by tensing my diaphragm when I feel my stomach start to constrict. Apparently, that is, since this is the first time I've ever been able to do that, perhaps because I was in a relaxed state already and because I had nothing much on my stomach.

Anyway, I laid very still and I was able to avoid throwing up. Then, about 15 minutes later, I started burping. Not once. Not twice or three times. About 15 times. About once every 2 minutes. No kidding.

When I got up, and dived for my meds, I could barely move. The myalgia was terrible and has stayed terrible all day but seems to be letting up a bit now. As soon as this cold is gone, I'm going to start to take walks at minimum, even though this pain is nothing like the achy-ness I used to get when I slept too much or laid about too much before. It's entirely different. And, my rashes will definitely flare up like crazy as they do from the slightest exertion or heat. It'll be choosing my poisons, but maybe the release of endorphins will help the myalgia. If something is going to exacerbated one way or the other, at least walking will get me out of the house. Ahhh, for the days (even the days directly preceeding my accident) when I had the body and the money to work out 3 times a week with a trainer in the gym. Good golly, I was in such good shape. Now I'm a sick blob.

I think I'm going to try taking baby aspirin because in my latest searching I have seen that aspirin supposedly causes slow leaks of the chems keeping the body from high peaks and lows. I dunno. Just something else that might help that I can actually afford. And since I've had terrible gas all day, no more forgetting the H2 blocker and proton-pump inhibitors for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I am New to your blog... SM w/ UP since early 1980's...
I have found that Algonot Plus has helped me with my dumping and intestinal pain. I just found this a month ago and seems that you don't hear much about it. Anybody else have any experience with this? Thanks Gilbert