Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A few notes

Haven't been posting because I've been wracked with the bone pain/myalgia the last few days. It's been rainy and very cold which seems to make it worse. And I've just been bummed out because the disability insurance company has led me to believe that I may lose my disability because I haven't been going to the doctor regularly since I've lost my insurance. When they asked me had I seen the doc, I said no because I couldn't afford it, which is true, but I did have an appointment in November which the doc's office had rescheduled for December because of an emergency, then they had cancelled that because she was out and I can't remember if they had rescheduled it, I don't think they did. But, during the phone call, I didn't remember all of that. My brain does not freakin' function! So, I called them back to tell them and meantime that I had an appointment for the 1st, at which time the doc will fill out the forms they need. Hopefully, I won't lose it, because I sure as hell cannot work.

I was a business analyst. Now, I can barely spell the words. I couldn't waitress or even fix fast food because I can't remember what the hell the orders would be, I imagine.

Sometimes, just posting upsets me which brings on worsening of my symptoms. I'm even trying to avoid the news, even though I've always been a news and political junkie, because my system just cannot withstand it. I'm going to have to find more soothing hobbies.

Tonight, I've avoided the State of the Union for just such a reason. I flipped over once just to hear about the millions and billions we are spending to help other countries. That's great, really. Yet, we cannot manage universal health care for our own sick. Tax credits for health care. Oh, whoopee. If you don't have the $300 to $600 a month to pay for health insurance, what good does a tax credit do? It benefits those who can afford it to begin with, of course. Amazing. Plus, I don't pay taxes on disability income. Ridiculous.

Whatever. I won't be posting much until I have finished all the paperwork and such that I am trying to get done for Social Security, even though I have little hope of it considering that I cannot afford the tests I'll probably need. My depression is so severe though, it's possible that I will get in for that alone. I cannot describe how depressed I've become since I've been ill with this disease. I've battled it for years, but I was winning. Masto has put me over the edge. Especially since I cannot afford the medication.

I have more links to add. I'm gratified to see that a number of people are finding this blog and hopefully benefiting from the links every day. No one is leaving coments. Please comment. I'd like to hear from you. I'd like to know if it's being useful.

I'll probably get up some ads that might generate a few pennies if any of my visitors would be nice enough to click on them, and a PayPal donation link soon, in case anyone might want to contribute a few dollars for finding a wealth of info on mastocytosis all in one location. Trust me, the links are found from hours spent searching, so they will save you having to go through all that I have to find this information. Still, they are freely given, so I hope they help.

No comments: